[OM] The Perfect Tripod?

Subject: [OM] The Perfect Tripod?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 23:56:17 EST
I use a Bogen 3221 with the 3030 head, which is good and sturdy.  Much of
what I do is macro or close up and am interested in something that will allow
me to get up close and personal with the flora and the fauna a little easier.
 Because I also travel a bit, it would be nice to have something a bit
lighter.  A ball head might also be nice.  So I'm looking for advice.  What I
probably need is something in carbon fiber, with a good ball head that will
set up 2" off the ground, extend to 6', weigh 12 1/2 ounces and cost about
$100.  I haven't been all that good this year so Santa probably didn't have
the elves make me one like this but I would like to hear from the list about
what they might suggest.  Bill Barber