RE: [OM] Portrait shots

Subject: RE: [OM] Portrait shots
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 10:10:43 +1100
> Bolty [mailto:boldbolty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> This is one I took recently for my sister in law and her
> boyfriend http://www3.photosig.com/viewphoto.php?id=460256

I'm a current lover of selective focussing, and enjoy seeing
others use it in the way I probably would (okay, your shots
are better than mine, but you know what I mean :-)). Of course,
sometimes I have to remind myself when a photo cops quite
justified and helpful criticism for overuse of it that *I*
like it, and I'm taking them for *me*. This obviously doesn't
apply if I'm not. <g>

> Get too close, then you can see a slight distortion but it
> can be used to your advantage when selective focusing see
> http://www3.photosig.com/viewphoto.php?id=428393

My god! She's hideous! Put it away! Put it away!

[tee hee] Joking, naturally ;-) The photo, and more to the point your
"little girl", is gorgeous, Adam. It's always a pleasure and
an inspiration viewing your photos.

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz