[OM] Damned with faint praise?

Subject: [OM] Damned with faint praise?
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 19:14:43 -0600
This past weekend, I attended a gallery opening that featured a work by my
wife. When we were leaving,

Gallery Owner (GO): Barry, I understand you do some photography.
Me: Yes.
GO: Do you work in black and white?
Me: Yes, I do. I have a small darkroom and do my own work.
GO: So, do you shoot any, you know, art pictures?

With a mighty effort, I fought off the first thing that came to mind (No, I
mostly shoot crap, why do you ask?), and instead indicated that I did, and he
asked to
see some of my work. I'll be taking him a small portfolio next week.

So - how do you respond when you've been insulted or damned with faint praise
(Wow, your camera sure takes some nice pictures!)?

--
Barry B. Bean
Bean & Bean Cotton Company