Re: [OM] Introduction dates of macro equipment

Subject: Re: [OM] Introduction dates of macro equipment
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 13:22:48 -0500 (EST)
> I am trying to find the years in which some items were introduced.  I have
> checked my own receipts, instructions leaflets, booklets and brochures and
> found the following dates:
>
> Auto extension tubes - 1981

Autumn 1980

> Telescopic auto tube - 1981

Autumn 1980

> 80mm f/4 auto 1:1 macro - 1981

Autumn 1980

> T10 ring flash + T Power control - 1981

Autumn 1980

> Can anyone confirm any earlier years?
>
> The month and year of printing are often present at the bottom of the
> instruction leaflets or on the back cover of the instruction manuals, shown
> as 4 numbers, e.g. 0781 is July 1981.

All these units plus the 135/4.5 macro, 80mm close up lens, ring cross POL
filter, 6V power pack 2, and AC adapter 3 were introduced at the same time.
They were introduced in the brochure C86E-380D (New Units, Macro).  I may
have dates for the other equipment, I'll have to dig through my pile of
documentation and see if there's anything.
                                -mark