RE: [OM] Introduction dates of macro equipment

Subject: RE: [OM] Introduction dates of macro equipment
From: "om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:23:16 -0500
It does seem strange to introduce manual tubes at that time.  When I bought
my OM-1 in 1974, I bought aftermarket, automatic tubes that I still have.
The Olympus tubes were about 2-3 times the generics, and they were manual.

Here's a PDF page from a March 1974 Ponder & Best brochure with a blurb and
picture of the manual tubes.  They discuss both the 55/1.2 and 50/3.5 as
candidates for the extension tubes.  I don't think that the three manual
macro lenses (20, 35, 80) were considered candidates for extension tube use.

http://www.skipwilliams.adahost.com/data/p16-from-om-system-p&b-0374.pdf

Skip