[OM] Color Profiles

Subject: [OM] Color Profiles
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:05:18 -0800
I was looking for some color profile info and came upon these sites that may
be of interest:

1. Dry Creek Photo - is building a database of custom profiles for digital
minilabs and lists lab locations:

http://www.drycreekphoto.com/

2. Popular Photography - Has downloadable base profiles for Fuji Crystal
Archive and Kodak Royal papers on the Fuji Frontier, as well as some
printers and digital cameras, including the Olympus E20n.

http://www.popularphotography.com/HowTo/ArticleDisplay.asp?ArticleID=174

3. I've downloaded various color profile info for the Frontier. You can
contact me if you'd like them emailed, and I will try and get them added to
one of my web pages sometime soon. Note that most labs are stating
(paraphrased): Color profile information for the Frontier is useful only for
proofing on your monitor. The Frontier uses the sRGB color space in a closed
loop mode and does not read color profile information embedded in files at
all. Files converted to the color space provided with ICC profiles for the
Frontier may result in more saturated images.

4. The Frontier can read TIFF, JPEG and BMP images. TIFF must be
uncompressed. All image formats must be "flat".

---
Scott Gomez