[OM] [OT] teaching

Subject: [OM] [OT] teaching
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 20:10:59 -0500
I'll share a little bit of what I sent another list member privately:

It is an interesting job.  Our local school system has a technology magnet
elementary school -- pretty unusual.  I would be one of three technology
teachers, teaching from K - 5 (all 700 or so kids in the school).  The
school is amazingly advanced.  The 5th graders all have palm pilots to take
home.  There are multiple computers in every classroom. There is a complete
studio for working with video.  Just really cool.

I interviewed for the job on Wednesday.  The principal had a valid concern
of my lack of teaching experience, so she asked me to come in for a
'tryout'.  Thursday afternoon I helped out with a class. Friday I helped
with one, co-taught one and taught 2nd graders by myself.  In the middle of
their computer exercises, the LAN and their computers went down and I had to
recover from the crisis.  Went pretty well :)

So, early this week I'll find out if I get the job.  I hope so.  I also
started school in the fall for my Masters in education.  If I do something,
I do it right....

I'm pretty excited!

Tom

P.S. Zuikoholic.com should come available in February or March.  You're
welcome to it.