Re: [OM] "most horriblest" aperture ring

Subject: Re: [OM] "most horriblest" aperture ring
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 09:36:42 EST
In a message dated 12/7/02 7:14:20 AM Central Standard Time,
williams@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Some years back, when I expanded my previously Zuiko-only collection with
>  several Sigma lenses, I was surprised at just how awful the aperture rings
>  were. They were stiff, rough, and hard to set exactly. I'd owned Vitovars
>  for my Nikon that weren't anywhere nearly as bad.

I've had the same experience with Sigma lenses. I've got the 14mm and the
400mm Sigma's and while both lenses perform well and have proven to be
reliable, the aperture rings are stiff and very hard to set. The most bestest
aperture ring I've got is an old 135mm Vivitar Series 1 lens. The ring moves
with uncanny smoothness and precision. The overall build quality of this lens
is superb. No, I'm not getting ready to sell it either. The Vivitar takes
nice pictures, too.

Gary Faulkenberry with his once per year contribution to the list.