Re: [OM] ( OM ) standard lightweight setup

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) standard lightweight setup
From: "R. Jackson" <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 14:27:03 -0800
I've gotta say that I'm amazed at the diversity of people here on the list, just among those who've taken the time to respond to this. There are people who carry two or three superfast wide-angle primes, people who carry a favorite giganto-zoom, someone who carries a couple of compact lenses in his coat pocket, people who just carry a 50...there's a real assortment of photographers here. I was kind of expecting some consensus with a slight variation. "Oh, of course we all carry such and such because the variable of the cosign of the internodal convergence overlaps at the second function of the whoosits." It's really cool to see that there's so much variety here, though. Among the folks who operate at Manhattan Project levels there are a lot of people with very quirky and personal reasons for carrying what they do.

For myself, I lean towards wide angle lenses a lot because I tend to feel that the narrow angle of incidence in long focal lengths can feel really claustrophobic. I start to feel like it's crossing the line from photography into surveillance above 135mm a lot of the time. Then again, I'm not really a photographer, I'm just a guy who likes to take pictures.

-Rob