Re: [OM] Concert photography

Subject: Re: [OM] Concert photography
From: "Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 04:15:10 -0500
Cc: <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxx>
Supra 800, yes.  Pop Photo (and my experience) says it has "normal"
saturation while all of the 1600 Fuji color neg films have "enhanced"
saturation.  My opinion is that the only hope of correcting to a normal skin
tone (with tungsten lamps, not the big Trooper spots) is with a normally
saturated portrait type of film.

I've had really decent results without a blue filter, fixing the balance
directly in the scanning software of my $300 Minolta Dimage Scan Dual II.
It's not as nice as some others' scanners- no ICE but it's way better than
the $150 flatbed with transparency adapter I used before.

This one was with a tripod mounted OM-4 with silver nosed 50mm f/1.4 at
about 1/60th at f4:
http://www.hatstand.org/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album09&id=SA_1
100PM_BRYAN_T_Roll_E_F5_Lama

I desaturated everything about 20 points in the Minolta software to get this
result.  You wouldn't want MORE saturation coming from the film!

>From this summer's 3 day music fest, about 40 of my shots are at:
http://www.hatstand.org/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album09

Would you send me some jpgs?  I work with 2 Dead fans!

Lama

R. Jackson said,