Re: [OM] Pacific Image PrimeFilm Film Scanner-opinions

Subject: Re: [OM] Pacific Image PrimeFilm Film Scanner-opinions
From: "Norman S. Nadel" <nsnadel@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 15:55:26 -0800
Wayne:

I have a slide adapter for my Nikon Coolpix 990.  Works great ( within its
limits)  since it relies on the Coolpix macro focusing ability which is
superb.  My file sizes on the 990 are about 1,xxx,xxx in size.  When I scan
the same slide on my Canon FS4000, the file sizes are over 35,xxx,xxx in
size.

I have not compared the results in any scientific manner but I would suspect
that with 35 times more info, the results of the dedicated Canon scanner
would be significantly better  .. especially with enlargements over 4X6.

Norm