Re: [OM] Test slides from U.S. Southwest vacation...

Subject: Re: [OM] Test slides from U.S. Southwest vacation...
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 07:44:18 +0000
Cc: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I visited White Sands in 1990 to undergo centrifuge training (3 runs
getting up to 9g) at Holloman and it is a wonderful place.
Unfortunately I did not have time to take photos.  Alamagordo may be
a cheap place to stay, but it stocked expensive western boots then.
I could not believe that the staple footwear of that part of the
world (or so I thought) would cost $300.

I don't know how they can describe the F117 as a "fighter".  It's
really a mini-B2 bomber at a 1/10th the cost, at a guess.  It can
fight as well as this beer glass in my hand ...

... well it would be in my hand if I were not typing, and if it were
not 0745 ;-).

Which empire controls Expedia please?

Chris