Re: [OM] Thanks

Subject: Re: [OM] Thanks
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 10:16:53 -0800 (PST)
On Sun, 24 Nov 2002 16:50, Don <dong357@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>The seller is gigisanibel.  He has already answered my email to him.  He
>offered to give me a full refund for the lens, or give me a refund based on
>the condition of the lens.

Glad to hear that things are working out for you with the
seller.  Just based on this willingness to give a refund, I'd
say you should post "Positive" feedback on the seller on *Bay.
I have encountered similar situations previously, and even
though ultimately the deals fell through (i.e., I returned the
items and got a full refund, including postage), I posted
positive feedbacks for the sellers.

>The other thing that I do not understand about the 135 mm lenses is that I
>have seen 135 f3.5's go for much more then the f2.8 versions.  I would
>think that the faster lens would be more highly desired then the slower
>version of the same lens.  I saw an auction for a 135 f3.5 go for over $150
>recently while I won this one for just $78.  Makes no sense to me, but I am
>glad to get the faster version.

The faster version is bigger and heavier.  I prefer the f3.5
when I am traveling, and the higher speed really does not give
my anything more.
        -Dan