Re: [OM] Photos from a journey from China to London

Subject: Re: [OM] Photos from a journey from China to London
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 14:31:46 +0000
Hi Boris,

Apologies for the late reply! Been pretty busy myself. Thanks very much for the comment. I must admit I wasn't aiming for all of the blurred effect. I used a Zuiko 135/3.5 lens, but I don't recall what aperture. I was balancing the camera on one of the bollards at the north end of Red Square, and my perch must not have been very stable, hence the blurriness of St. Basil's Cathedral. I think the exposure was approximately 10-20 seconds or so, and that gave me the blurry motion of the pedestrians, which was really all I originally intended to capture!

Thanks again,
Roger

Boris Grigorov wrote:

Roger,
Sorry for the late input, but things are busy around here as always.
I liked the pictures, but wanted to comment on one only. It is one of those, that when you see them immediately wish that you have taken it, you probably know what I mean... It is the last one in the Red Square section. It is brilliant. I wish you could share info on how you took it. Choice of lens, aperture, shutter speed and what the camera movement was to achieve this beautiful blur.
Job well done.
Cheers
Boris