RE: [OM] Having fun with photography

Subject: RE: [OM] Having fun with photography
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 08:43:40 -0800
So-called peace protesters have been very violent people and have felt very
badly persecuted when anyone tried to curb their violence. If you don't
expect them to be violent you haven't been paying attention to the history
of the past 40 years. /jnm

snip
 I mean, a peace
protest is the last place you should have to expect to be accosted by
fellow protesters.

-Rob

On Saturday, November 23, 2002, at 08:15  PM, Walt Wayman wrote:

 There might be a lesson here.  Or not.

 http://www.usefulwork.com/shark/archives/000333.html#000333

 > Walt

I don't know of anyplace where a photographer can continue to take pictures of people who object and not expect to take the consequences of his rudeness.

Certainly in a country where over a thousand people including citizens have been held incognito without charges for half a year in contravention to the Constitution, people who object are likely to be anxious. Since you were obviously not news reporters either and were not collecting model releases for publication or exhibit, I would wonder why you were taking pictures too.

--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California