Re: [OM] Is 4x6 the real standard?

Subject: Re: [OM] Is 4x6 the real standard?
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 14:41:23 +0800
I used to shoot negative in the pass, even my Bronica 6x4.5 neg. were
printed to 3R only. In these few years I mainly shoot slides and my
wife complain she has no print to see. Now I do both, company parties
and family shoots use negative, print at 4R size, others use slide,
travel with family use both.

I'm also going to scan all my negatives and slides, the good slides
will be output to 4R prints. It makes a much easier way to enjoy the
slide than using loupe or projection. In my life I only have two
16x20, although there are many 8x12 but they are all free prints by
machine most of them cannot represent the "real" thing. I will try
some larger digital output later, based on the good experience on 4R
print I expected the result will be close or even better than custom
print. Even then I will still have 980f works in 4R prints, I don't
have that many walls to hang the larger prints.

C.H.Ling

Clemente Colayco wrote:

> I feel so dumb having to admit that I usually print at 4 x 6, used to make
> do with 3 x 5.

<snap>