[OM] Re: [OM] 18mm Zuiko test and why you shoudn´t sell it

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM] 18mm Zuiko test and why you shoudn´t sell it
From: "Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 00:25:56 -0500
Or maybe they were testing the Zuiko on a body with mirror lockup and
aperture pre-fire and the other mounts didn't have that advange coming from
whatever bodies they were on.  Gary Reese's test notes show me over and over
again that they're less to testing than meets the eye.  And more.

These tests, especially across families like this, mean little to me,
personally.  Is a Canon F-1 (FD mount) guy gonna pick up an OM 4 to take
advantage of the sharper 18?  Not likely.  Would you pick up a body in a
different mount all together to take advantage of one or two exceptional
lenses?  I wouldn't and please don't tell me that ALL of the exceptional
lenses were made in OM mount!

It's kinda titilating to see an Olympus lens "beat" a Leitz lens but......
Lama