RE: [OM] [OT] (slightly) Photoshop tip for color correction

Subject: RE: [OM] [OT] (slightly) Photoshop tip for color correction
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 15:11:45 +0000
I grabbed the jpeg and did the same with Photoshop Elements (v2)
"Quick Fix".  The results were as close to Skip's PS 7 "Autocolour"
as might be judged from unknown gamma differences.  I now use "Quick
Fix" (Auto Contrast, Auto Levels, Auto Colour and Focus) on all my
scans.  It is not foolproof, but I accept most of the corrections and
it is much quicker than going into "Levels".

Slightly quicker would be to use Auto Contrast, Levels and Colour
from the menu, followed by an Unsharp Mask treatment, but I aim for
consistency of scan treatment until I come to an image's final
treatment prior to putting on the Web or prior to printing.

I should point out that Elements does not have a CMYK mode.

Chris