Re: [OM] ebay bid timing

Subject: Re: [OM] ebay bid timing
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 19:42:39 +1300
It's all experience and learning from experience.

Until just before I subscribed to this group,  I had never taken part in an
auction.  I have certainly honed my skills now, 14 successful bids, a lot of
observations and some failed bids later.

One aspect you must give attention to is just by how many dollars and cents
you have to keep ahead of the opposition, if their bid is nearly identical to
yours, to avoid being caught out as Mike describes.. Is $50 going to be
enough - or should you add a bit? ... ... ...

Brian

> > It could be luck.  I have ousted someone with 3 seconds left.  It leave=
> > a veeeeeerrrrrrrrryyyyyy satisfying feeling.

Mike wrote