RE: [OM] fill flash envy

Subject: RE: [OM] fill flash envy
From: "om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 16:32:12 -0500
I liked the F280 so much for daylight fill that I sold my OM-4 and bought
an OM-4Ti.  The flexibility of filling the shadows on a sunny day isn't
easily accomplished with any other OM solution.   I only wish that you
could dial in the ratios that you wanted like the mid-late 90's Nikon,
Canon, Minolta, etc. cameras.  It's stuff like that where we miss out when
Olympus stopped OM body development in the late 80's.

But with the F280, I don't have to worry that I'm going to let in too much
light because I'm hampered by 1/60 synch spped.  I don't have to think
about ratios, etc.  If I want less flash light (which isn't often), I just
stick the 21mm adapter on the flash, which cuts a little.

Skip