Re: [OM] Help Stop Copyright Theft!

Subject: Re: [OM] Help Stop Copyright Theft!
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 06:56:44 +0000
Since elections in the USA entail the expenditure of great deals of
cash, presumably as investment against the even greater deals of cash
to be made once in office, perhaps it does equal commercial use.
Anyway, surely *use* of copyright material does not have to be for
commercial use for it to contravene the copyright.

Chris

At 16:05 -0500 1/11/02, mms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
 > I'm exploring my legal options, but I'd appreciate your help.
Please drop our
 opponent, Brent Robinson, an e-mail asking him to respect
intellectual property
 rights. I'd like to send him a strong message that political campaigns don't
 have the right to simply claim any copyrighted image they choose.

Barry,

I symapthize with your plight. But does this constitute commercial
use? In general, the right to free political speech trumps all.

Morgan

--
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker