[OM] N. Cascades trip

Subject: [OM] N. Cascades trip
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 22:54:21 -0800
Just got some pictures back from a quick trip to the North Cascades a
friend and I took a couple of weeks ago. These are quick scans and need
some more work. I brought the OM4T, 35~105 and 16/3.5. Fuji 100.  For
those who might know the area we  headed up the goat track known as the
Twin Lakes road north side of the North Fork of the Nooksack River. The
Canada/US border is a mile or two away.

Here's the lakes. We camped between them.
http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/twinlakes/twinlakes.JPG

Woody helping put up the awnings of the old fire lookout. Anyone can
stay here but we didn't know it was still open until we got up there and
hadn't brought our gear with us.
http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/twinlakes/lookout.JPG

View from the outhouse looking north across the Fraser River to Whistler
area. (not really a out house, more like an out box-with-hole). This is
the valley the black helicopter headed down.
http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/twinlakes/north.JPG

Mt Shuksan, above ski area.
http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/twinlakes/shuksan.JPG

Mt. Baker northeast side.
http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/twinlakes/baker.JPG

Mike

--
Latitude 48° 32' North, Longitude 123° 7' West