Re: [OM] Opinions wanted: OK picture?

Subject: Re: [OM] Opinions wanted: OK picture?
From: VS <VS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 13:10:42 +1100
In message <5.1.0.14.0.20021031003739.02c52e68@192.168.100.11>, "Richard
F. Man " writes:
>What do you think? Nowhere near as good as the TOPE-11 entries. It looks
>sort of nice, but doesn't "say anything?"
>
>http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/building.jpg

Hmmm, the air looks cold. :-)

Ok, I'll give you want I normally get from my dearly beloved when she
checks my photos:

You cut too much on the left side; the arc would look much better if it
wasn't cut on the left. Also, there's too much space on the right side
of the arc. The horizon is leaning towards the left side of the frame;
if you centered it it would look much better. But in that case, too much
of the sky would show. The sky is definitely a huge distractor here. :-(
Maybe, if you made the shot when you were standing a few steps to the
left, leveled the frame with horizon and took photo of the building with
no sky peeking in, you'd have a great shot for TOPE.

I like the colors. They make the subject cold and impersonal, distant
and in command. Hmmm, there's plenty that could be written about what
the photo can represent. It could be a POV of an outcast, or a lowly
clerk that was demoted into a position of an archiver and knows he'll
never again sit in nice warm office up there where decisions are made.

But that's how I interpret it. :-)

Cheers,

Saso