Re: [OM] Back on the list again

Subject: Re: [OM] Back on the list again
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 07:23:17 -0800 (PST)
>We are the very tip of the Bay of Fundy which is noted for the
>variance in tide levels. I think the record is 58 feet between
>high and low tide a few miles down the coast line.

That's 58 feet Canadian.  With the current exchange rate, it's
actually an American 37.12 feet.

Back in 1985 I spent several months travelling throughout that
region.  The Tidal Bore is quite amazing and in the wintertime
there are these HUGE boulders of ice that get knocked around
when the bore comes in.

I grew up on the Great Lakes where our "tide" consisted of a one
inch slosh.  The lake levels were more affected by winds than
anything else.  When I experienced BOF's mammoth tides for the
first time I was absolutely amazed. What tall docks they have!

AG-eh?-Schnozz