Re: [OM] [semi-OT] Hand-held scanners?

Subject: Re: [OM] [semi-OT] Hand-held scanners?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 11:56:32 -0800

 Any other options I'm missing?

 thanks,

 -- dan

I think hand held scanners are not sold much because they are not useful. They were lousy devices. A Canon flatbed scanner is so thin and small that it will slip into your case right next to the lap top. Very good, light weight, and inexpensive scanner and powered by the USB bus. I have a friend who got one so that he would not have to pay copying fees at the library, but he uses it for copying photos too.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California