Re: [OM] Kiron 28mm F2

Subject: Re: [OM] Kiron 28mm F2
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 21:12:40 -0700
Gary tested this lens, so you can get a relatively meaningful comparison to the Zuiko 28mm lenses on his test site <http://members.aol.com/olympusom/lenstests/default.htm> Considering his provisos about only full grade comparisons being valid between lenses, it looks like the Kiron f2 and the Zuiko f2.8 are pretty closely matched. If you are particularly interested in performance wide open, the Zuiko f2 looks better than the Kiron. Resolution is 'B's, with 'Remarkable contrast at larger apertures', while the Kiron gets 'C's on resolution and 'moderately low contrast' at f2.

Moose

Clemente Colayco wrote:

Hi Bill

Thanks for your note. Its now obvious that the first thing I would give up
is the light weight and small handy size of the zuiko. Can you tell me what
is the lenght of the lens barrel of the Kiron and its weight? Will it fit in
if mounted on the OM 1n in the OM 1.4n semi hard case?

How is its sharpness/resolution at F2?