Re: [OM] Olympus AF-1 Super close-up range?

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus AF-1 Super close-up range?
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 16:12:49 -0500
<also sent directly>

The AF-1 Super (aka, Infinity II) was so similar in design to the original AF-1
(Infinity) that Olympus didn't bother to provide us with the specific service
manual.  However the instruction book says it will focus from 0.75m to infinity
in normal mode, and from 0.5m to 1m in "close-up" mode, though there is no
specific mechanism in the camera to alter the optical path when it's set on
"close-up" mode.  I suspect (as was done on a couple of other models) all that
happens when the camera is set for "close-up" mode is that the flash is
activated (as in "fill-in" mode) to force the aperture to a smaller setting,
providing greater depth of field.

The instructions also note that after 4 shots in "close-up" mode, it will
revert back to normal mode.