[OM] ON topic, for a change...

Subject: [OM] ON topic, for a change...
From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 10:22:35 -0500
To all: Things are getting a little out of hand, again. Fear not, the same
thing happened on the filmscanners list some time ago, and now on the
Haselblad list (same guys), and we lived through it here and there. I'm
hoping to fill the bandwidth with a helpful reply to a previous question,
and I hope that all the discussion of free software and religion, and the
impending discussion of colored helicopters, can simply go away.

Someone asked about the sunpak 120Jttl. I now have time for a belated reply.

I have, and use often, this flash. Since I generally use it in my industrial
work, with 6x6, I have limited experience with it and the OM4. I do have the
OM adapter, and have used it with no complaints.

I really like this strobe. You can get it with the standard module and the
nicad pack from B&H fo a little over $300. That means you can get three of
these for the price of a Quantum or Lumidyne. It does feel a little flimsy
in places, but I've been using mine for well over 5 years with no problems.
It puts out a lot of light over a wide area (some of the potato masher
strobes have higher GN's due to the reflector design), and is very flexible,
as it can be used bare bulb.

Are the Lumedyne and Quantums better? Sure, one even has a modeling light
option, but for the price, I wouldn't want anything else!

Bill Pearce