Re: [OM] 50MM F3.5 MACRO OR 80MM F4 MACRO?

Subject: Re: [OM] 50MM F3.5 MACRO OR 80MM F4 MACRO?
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 14:52:14 +0200
You could try a Vivitar macrofocussing 2X telconverter; it gives 1:1 macro
with a 50mm lens (100mm f3.6 instead of 50mm f1.8).

The 50 macro goes to 1:2 without any extras, 1:1 with the 25mm (auto)tube.

For his recent flower studies, John Lind used 50/1.2, 85/2, and 135/2.8
with auto-extension tubes, which should be recommendation enough....

Roger Key

I am planning a trip to Kew Gardens to shoot some close ups of flowers etc,
and was wondering which lens I should buy if any.

Which is a good starter lens?
Should I just use a reversing ring on my 50 f1.8?
What are the benefits of the 80 over the 50 macro, do I need less extension
tubes?
Should I buy extension rings or get a bellows?
How much should i be expecting to pay for the lenses?

thanks again

Eric

ericboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx