[OM] Infrared?

Subject: [OM] Infrared?
From: "Mickey Trageser" <vze3m2s8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 10:35:05 -0400
We have serveral OM photographers in our midst who turn out incredible images
with the IR medium. I have only seen daylight shots offered for view. Is the IR
film not of the type that could detect heat leaks of a house at night, or the
heat from wam hoods in a darkened parking lot? I suppose that would be even
more difficult to visualize and determine exposure. What is the real capablity
of the film, and how does one determine appropriate exposures? Are there color
IR films, or is that a video imaging system I'm thinking about?

When I look at one of the IR shots, is there some percentage of visible light
that influences the photo? Are some shot with filters and some not? Do the
filters render an image that is not useful in the viewfinder? Are shots without
filtration shot as with any film IRT ISO etc? Do non-red filters impart an
effect? (i.e. polorizer, blue, green, yellow). Is there an IR film designed for
color chemistry?

Thanks for the info, folks. If nothing else, it will help me understand what I
see in those wonderful images, and may lead me to give it a try.

Mickey