Re: [OM] OM40 faults

Subject: Re: [OM] OM40 faults
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 20:53:23 -0400
Stewart,

Welcome to the list. First, let me assure you, that the bulk of the content
truly is OM related.  Our occasional off-topic strays don't last long.

As for batteries, it is an oft-discussed topic.  The general consensus is
that the exact type of battery it VERY important.  They MUST be silver-oxide
cells, preferably Eveready 357 cells.  If they are unavailable, then SR44W
or SR44 cells can be used.  Do NOT use LR44. They'll die very fast and will
result in inaccurate meter readings.

The list (I can't remember the originator, so I can't thank them) has found
a very cheap source for the batteries, the link for which I have misplaced,
so perhaps someone else can jump in here.

Again, welcome!

Tom