Re: Ree: [OM] Limited Time Offer: Save on Photoshop

Subject: Re: Ree: [OM] Limited Time Offer: Save on Photoshop
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 16:47:50 -0600
At 05:15 PM 10/19/2002 -0400, Larry wrote:

[snip]

>If you had to suddenly survive on an eensy beensy 30,40, 50, or 60 K a year (if
>you can imagine many actually have to - and have homes with less than 10
>rooms!!!!!) - the world would hear the loudest screaming imaginable!

Ahem.

*My* home has six rooms, (two bedrooms, one bathroom, one living room, one
partial dining room and one kitchen) plus a partially developed basement which
could not be lived in for any period of time.

It's a 900 sq. ft. cottage-roofed bungalow.

$30,000 U.S./year is $47,211.00 Canadian (approx.) at today's interbank
exchange rate.  So far this year, I haven't made anywhere close to $47 Grand
Canadian.  That would be nice, but ain't gonna happen.  Quite likely won't
happen next year, either.

For every software "millionaire," there are thousands of software
d00ds/d00desses who make a modest living and put in 10 to 12 hour days, five or
(sometimes) six days a week.  Always have been.  Bill Gates is the exception,
not the rule.  And even if he was the rule, it still doesn't justify stealing
from him.  Criminy, didn't your Momma teach you *anything*?

You're smokin' something, Larry.  And your arguments are no less flawed than
the last time you made them, though they are significantly more desparate.  I'm
freakin' glad I'm not your neighbour -- I can just imagine the tortured
reasoning you'd use to steal a piece of physical property from me ("I don't
have the money to buy it, but there's a shiny new push mower across the way at
Garth's place! -- he's obviously got more money than me, so I'll just take it.")

You're killfiled.  I'm ashamed to say I live on the same planet as you, though
I've *finally* discovered a target worthy of the attentions of al-Qaeda.
Corrupt, decadent Westerner, indeed.

Garth