Re: [OM] Anyone for a kit?

Subject: Re: [OM] Anyone for a kit?
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 16:29:34 -0700
Most of the cadioptric mirror 'scopes have a better solution than the slightly sloppy adapters that fit in the eyepiece tube. The adapter that holds the eyepiece or diagonal unscrews from the back of the 'scope and an adapter tube of the correct length and with a T adapter thread on the back screws onto the scope. I have this for my Meade 90mm (objective diameter, not FL) and it makes for a nice rigid connection. The 'scope mounts on the tripod with the camera hanging on the back.

Moose

Gareth.J.Martin wrote:

<>You can buy either prime focus or eyepiece projection mounts which fit into the scope focusser and you attach your camera to them with the correct T-Mount. They are really just milled metal tubes which are fixed or can be adjusted. I've been toying with the idea of making one out of drainpipe as they are quite expensive for what they are. I know that Meade definitely make and sell them and I dare say that many other firms also do them too but I've never checked. Hope this helps.