Re: [OM] Anyone for a kit?

Subject: Re: [OM] Anyone for a kit?
From: "Gareth.J.Martin" <g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 17:56:13 +0100
Olympus in their brilliant wisdom actually produced an OM astrophotography adaptor (I think it was for prime forcus astrophotography) and a special focussing screen also developed for astrophotography (I think it was screen 1-8, but as Mannenheim is far away I can't check!). You can buy either prime focus or eyepiece projection mounts which fit into the scope focusser and you attach your camera to them with the correct T-Mount. They are really just milled metal tubes which are fixed or can be adjusted. I've been toying with the idea of making one out of drainpipe as they are quite expensive for what they are. I know that Meade definitely make and sell them and I dare say that many other firms also do them too but I've never checked. Hope this helps.

All the best,
Gareth.

How come no Astroscope adaptor? Do telescopes come with T mounts? Just curious.
Never been into how the telescope bits work.

Julian