[OM] ( OM ) Reduction of contrast in an exposure

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) Reduction of contrast in an exposure
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:00:09 +1300
Hi Rich et al,

I finally found two references to the principles behind the Bowens Illumitrans
slide copier. No wonder I couldn't find them by looking in the index; it's not
referred to by name but I know that the machine looks like this and works
like this. Presumably Bowens wouldn't pay the author a fee for mentioning
their name !!

The best of what I have is to be found in

Michael Freeman 1980 "The 35mm Handbook" ISBN 0 906286 21 2
New Burlington Books; Copyright Quarto Publishing Ltd, London.
Hardcover, 320 pages.

Pages 254 - 261

I can scan the drawings of the machine and some of the text if anybody
wants.

It uses a sheet of glass at an angle of 45 degrees, between the slide to be
copied and the lens, with some of the copying light source diffused and
directed onto the glass so that it is reflected into the lens at the time that
the
slide is being copied. The amount of light sent to the contrast-reducing
module can be varied.

Brian