Re: [OM] - 200mm

Subject: Re: [OM] - 200mm
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:45:19 -0500
On Tue, 15 Oct 2002 10:33:55 +0200, Fabio J. Flowerside wrote:

>I'd be really tempted to buy the f/4 version,
>given that the extra 2/3 stop will help me in low light conditions, but I've
>often heard on this list that the f/5 is "better" (generally speaking). Is
>this statement due to its better handling only?

For my purposes, there is no quality difference between the 200/4 and the
200/5. The 200/5 does have a significant advantage for handling, however, that
compensates for the speed difference. Personally, I've opted to beep a 200/5
and a 180/2.8, choosing one when speed is an issue and the other when size is.

BB

--
Barry B. Bean
Bean & Bean Cotton Company