Re: [OM] Mr. Fixit averts tragedy, saves the day!

Subject: Re: [OM] Mr. Fixit averts tragedy, saves the day!
From: Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 09:36:56 -0400
Cling wrote:

>It's so sad when glued flashes come in for service -- we've got
>to tell the user, "Well, until you glued the body, it was a
>relatively easy repair -- now I'll have to replace the whole lower
>half of the body at about three times what I would have charged
>just to replace the shoe!"

But since the screw holes, especially for the two front screws, are all
buggered up now, wouldn't you have had to replace the whole bottom half
anyway?  Or glue up the holes?

Be that as it may, the deed is done, and I think I did a pretty good job,
even if I do say so.  There's no sign of excess, oozed-out epoxy around the
foot, and it's holding fine.  If it comes unglued, I'll just use more glue
next time.  :)

Walt