Re: [OM] Mr. Fixit averts tragedy, saves the day!

Subject: Re: [OM] Mr. Fixit averts tragedy, saves the day!
From: Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 17:01:32 -0400
None of the wires on the T Power Control I bashed against a tree yesterday
were broken or had been pulled loose at either end.  With much trepidation,
I hooked everything back up, mounted the thing on my oldest OM-4 (just in
case something really bad happened) and let it charge up.  When the ready
light came on, I crossed my fingers and tripped the shutter, and IT
WORKED!!

The epoxy is drying as I write, the foot held in place by an
industrial-strength red rubber band.  I had to remove a couple of screws
that no longer had anything substantial to attach to, but I think it'll
hold.  If not -- well, what's the worst that can happen?  It can just come
loose again.

Thinking back, this is the first piece of camera gear I have clumsily
damaged in many years, the last being in the late sixties when I shut a car
door on a Gossen Lunasix meter that was hanging on a too-long cord around
my neck.  It still worked, but it looked like hell.  If I can go another
decade or two without trashing something else, I'll be satisfied, and my
heirs will have some decent gear to dispose of.

Of course, in my haste yesterday, I hopped on line and ordered a
replacement (used 9) from B&H, so now I'll have a spare to back up the
spare.  Never too much stuff, I guess.

Thanks to all who offered condolences and/or advice, even those who had to
stop laughing to do so.  I hope to not do anything really amusing again for
a while now.

Walt