[OM] ( OM ) OM2000

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) OM2000
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 18:18:26 +1300
Hi Folks,

A while ago I asked for feedback on the OM2000. I'm very grateful for the
user reports I did get.  Eventually, I did not buy at the auction I was keeping
an eye on

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1386107396&rd=1

I decided for the moment I would keep my money in my pocket for other
things, even though I could have sold the lens to subsidise the camera buy.

But I did some research on the 2000 ( I have the Pop Photo review) and I
then remembered why Gary Reese used it in his tests - along with the
OM4Ti, it is a manual Olympus which has self-timer with mirror and aperture
pre-fire (as well as multiple exposure ability, spot-metering, and a few other
nice features) Quietness is not one of them.

I'm not too worried about them being built by Cosina. A very similar body is
used for the Cosina / Voigtlander which is doing very nicely thank you. Read
about it in Stephen Gandy's cameraquest.com site.

So, one day I'll get one, but not this week. Interestingly, the very same setup
NEW is available from Olympus here in New Zealand for about $650NZ =
USD310. The Bay auction one went for half that.

Brian