Re: Re:[OM] customer relations

Subject: Re: Re:[OM] customer relations
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:24:23 -0400
It's not really a  "story" .  I used to order new inventory to keep in stock
in the Service Dept., at  Olympus in Woodbury, just for such exchange
purposes. (Nothing had to be stripped for parts back then).

 When new OM-1s and 2s were long gone and replaced by N versions, we still
had a cabinet full of them in the Service Department.  They did not show in
anyone else's inventory but the Service Department.  We used them as we
needed them, not for parts, generally, but to soothe hot tempered customers.
Parts were not a problem then as they are now.
It would be especially important to stockpile some complete items in Service
if  replacement parts couldn't be had from Japan.
Would you rather get a camera or lens back unrepaired, or repaired with
parts that came from a whole item?
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 For Free Olympus manuals,