Re: [OM] HTML and Excessive Quoting [OT]

Subject: Re: [OM] HTML and Excessive Quoting [OT]
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 10:14:15 -0700

-snip

Although not as convenient for following particular threads, digest mode has
the advantage of being less RSI-inducing.  With individual mail items, you
click on the mail item in the upper window (Outlook Express on Win2K), move
the mouse to the lower window, thumbwheel-scroll over screenfuls of
excessive quoting to find the one-line "Me too" at the end, then move the
mouse back to the upper window, then click on the next mail item, then move
the mouse back to the bottom window, then thumbwheel-scroll over screenfuls
of excessive quoting, then...  You get the picture.

-snip

-- from Cy in the UK

You obviously need a better designed email reader, especially if you have RSI. Why not fix the problem yourself instead of expecting 100 percent compliance of contributors to a standard of behavior that makes your reading more convenient. But then we are all different. I would rather take slides and scan them to my taste than to continuously argue and haggle with some processor to get the quality I want.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California