RE: [OM] Is yours longer than mine?

Subject: RE: [OM] Is yours longer than mine?
From: Andre Goforth <andregoanon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 12:03:02 -0700 (PDT)
How about Vivitar Series 1 solid cat 800m f11 with the
2x-A oly TC = 1600mm. Don't ask me about the f-stop.
Yep, you need a sunny day. But it works nice.
Vibration is the worst enemy. Really need a massive
telescope mount at this focal length. Found using
faster film  ->faster shutter speed makes up for the
inherent camera shake - jitter while you lose in terms
of film grain. ASA 100 and up okay, below that and I
have lots and lots of blury pics. Tried TechPan at ASA
12 and 24 and all the pics were worthless.  I've found
vibration gets transmitted through the pavement to the
tripod. Breathing, belching,...thinking perturbate the
beastly contraption too.

I've blown some stuff up to 8 by 10 and it is okay.
But to do a Gary Reese type of evaluation will take
some serious "project" time.

Andre