Re: [OM] ( OM ) examination of transparencies of targets

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) examination of transparencies of targets
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 20:23:11 +0800
If you don't see the details on microscope you will never see it even with
the world best projector lens. On the other hand I would say 4000dpi is very
close to the best performance of normal lens and film system so it is normal
for you to found the microscope is not much better than the scanner.

Below are two testes, all with tripod.

The first one with 35-70/3.6 at 70mm F8 with Velvia, this one shown both
scanner and microscope have similar resolving power:

- scanned at 4000dpi with Nikon 4000ED cropped film size 2.9x4.3mm:

http://www.accura.com.hk/4000-1.jpg

- microscope view with M6 and WF10X captured with C2000 2MP DC (I have check
the slide again with a MPlan 10x and didn't find any increase in
resolution).

http://www.accura.com.hk/digicam/school-micro.jpg

The second one shot with 24mm F2 at F5.6, Kodak EB II, this one shown the
microscope has better resolving power:

- scanned at 4000dpi with Nikon 4000ED cropped film size 1.6x0.6mm

http://www.accura.com.hk/4000dpi.jpg

- microscope view with MPlan 10x captured with C2000 2MP DC.

http://www.accura.com.hk/microscope.jpg

Download the files to your image editor, enlarge the scanned picture to
200-300omparison them with the microscope view, you will see the
differences. The better the original slide, the bigger the different.

C.H.Ling