Re: [OM] Request for help/ideas/advice re: Grand Canyon, Four Corners

Subject: Re: [OM] Request for help/ideas/advice re: Grand Canyon, Four Corners
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 18:42:17 -0700
Garth,  Rather than use Flagstaff as a base I would plan visits to other
areas as well. Frankly one day to explore the south rim will be enough
unless you plan to backpack. A visit to the north rim will depend on the
weather and is better based on that side of the canyon. November is a
toss up.  Plus Bryce and Zion are definitely worth a visit. Another
option depending on the weather is to visit some of the canyons in
central and southern AZ. Coming down to Santa Fe by car I like the
canyon of the Rio Grande, Questa-Taos route. And I'd bring a 135 to go
with the 2x and use a rock or the car as your tripod.

Mike

--
Latitude 48° 32' North, Longitude 123° 7' West