Re: [OM] Request for help/ideas/advice re: Grand Canyon, Four Corners

Subject: Re: [OM] Request for help/ideas/advice re: Grand Canyon, Four Corners
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 12:24:02 -0500
At 11:27 10/9/02, Garth Wood wrote:
2. What's to do around Santa Fe? I've got the guidebooks, but I'd like recommendations from any and all who know of good photographic opportunities.

Check out the Taos, NM area.  You might find that interesting

3. North Rim or South Rim? The North's a much longer drive, but I'm also told it's far superior to the South Rim, with less tourists and better vistas. Is early November late enough in the year to get away from the hordes in the South, or should I just grit my teeth, get up at 4:00 A.M. in Flagstaff, and head to the North Rim for the sunrise?

Ummmm . . . IIRC, the north rim is not open year-round and by Novemeber it's very likely closed. Also, IIRC, it's not so much the rim itself, but access and egress that closes it from late Fall through early Spring. Otherwise I would recommend it heartily.

-- John