Re: [OM] Those other 135mm lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Those other 135mm lenses
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 14:24:38 +0200
I am not sure that I would agree with 'standards of construction'. I have
had both a 2.8 and a 3.5 Zuiko 135mm. As far as I recall, both had a
problem with the lens release button failing, due to the little plastic
plug that Olympus uses as the hinge-pin for the actuating lever. Easily
fixed by my local repairman with a metal screw replacement...I have heard
of others with the same problem.
Great optically though, especially the 2.8 version.

Roger Key

Julian Davies wrote:

>Given that GBP40 - 50 is the going rate for a good to mint 3.5 Zuikos and
there seem to be plenty about, there >can't be much mileage in looking for
alternatives? Wish I could find an MC one, though.
>The 3.5 Zuiko must count as one of the greatest secondhand bargains, given
its standard of construction and >performance. 2.8s seem to be
"unjustifiably" more expensive on average, given the marginal benefits. Of
course this >is because of supply in the second - hand chain, and they are
much rarer, but a 3.5 will not disappoint.

Julian