Re: [OM] ( OM) Walk-around lens preference

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM) Walk-around lens preference
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 08:52:06 EDT
In a message dated 10/8/2002 6:04:32 AM Central Standard Time,
bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>  35~105 is by far my most-used lens

Brian, I tend to agree with you, although my lens usage seems to go in
phases.  The 35-105 really gets a work out.  Like you I will carry my other
comfort lenses that I think I may want or need on a particular excursion,
however if time and other people are a consideration, it will likely be the
35-105 with a T-20 to mount on the camera if a little extra light is needed.
When I have time to move at my leisure (I'm alone or with other
photographers) the kit will greatly expand or compress.  If I could have only
one lens the Tamron 60-300 would be in the competition with the 35-105mm
Zuiko.  If my limitations were to only be able to have 2 lens, it might be
the 60-300mm Tamron and the 28-48mm Zuiko.  Fortunately there is no one
telling us we can have only one or two lenses.  In fact, things are quite the
opposite.  We have a group of friends that are telling us we can have all we
want to have, although some try to tie it to "need," we all know better.
Bill Barber