Re: [OM] Photoshop - RGB to CMYK

Subject: Re: [OM] Photoshop - RGB to CMYK
From: Matt Crawley <matt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 20:36:19 -0600
I am going on a commercial press.

I have created and saved my own CMYK color space that gives me the results I
need.

Printer Profiles for commercial presses are a bit of a joke actually. Many
commercial presses are only accurate to about 2 0.000000or each ink and will
vary
even more than that if the press operator doesn't keep a close eye... And
you also need to take into account the varying whiteness of paper.

I'm just very surprised that the photoshop presets generate such a small
amount of black.

 - Matt Crawley