Re: [OM] Re: ( OM) walkaround camera lens (again)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: ( OM) walkaround camera lens (again)
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 15:11:09 -0700
The tabs on the 2 series screens are wider than the 1 series so that they will not be inadvertently put in early OMs where they would throw off the meters. They are clearly identified on the tab as 2-4 and 2-13. As you say, the Beatties don't have any identification on them, but are the only other Oly screens. They also have the narrow tab and can be installed in the OM-1(n) and OM-2(n) without modification. Convienient if one knows what one is doing. My Beattie came as an unexpected bonus in an OM-1 with a meter that was off because of the brighter screen.

1-13 (or 1-1) screens often come in boxes marked for another screen. The 1-13 came with the camera, the owner replaced it with a different one, put the old one in the new box and sold it. I've bought a couple of 1-13s that way, but they have always been correctly identified by the seller.

Moose

Andre Goforth wrote:

Dreammoose,

On the series 1 Oly screens the number of the screen
is etched on the tab. Are the series 2 screens
identified the same way? Can you tell them apart from
series 1 from the way they are id? I've had some bad
luck(dumb part of me) of buying a used Oly screen
where the box said 1-10 and inside was a standard
1-13. One had what I think is a Beattie screen. But I
can find any ID on a Beattie screen to tell me what
type. (Yep  they only make 4 types so maybe this is
academic nobody else makes screens for Oly, right?)