[OM] Re: [OT] ...peace!...

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] ...peace!...
From: iwert <zuiko@xxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 21:04:39 +0200
op 02-10-2002 17:37 schreef Bill Stanke op bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx:

> Bill:
>
> The OM list is an oasis of tranquility compared to others.  I subscribed
> to the Leica Users Group (LUG), and couldn't make it through a week with
> those folks.
>
> Bill Stanke

I agree, this list is quite on topic, full of all human emotions, very
helpfull and sometimes very funny, sometimes sad, and also nice a
detension(?) to read after a day of work and when kids are to bed.

I feel I should correct myself in this thread a bit...

I wrote: ... I often see you screaming for peace...
well, I think screaming was not the right word... my english is maybe not so
good,
but when I often see the word peace above someone's name, or a proverb or
citing under someone's I think there is a message in it. And if this is
repeated, it becomes more then a message, some kind of persistant message.
(some kind of screaming to me...) I read this and start thinking, what might
they mean with this? Do they want to tell me something? Is it important?
Yes, because they keep telling it... However I got a very nice explanation
about peace by tmlee... it appears the times we are living in, with so much
conflict, automatically brought peace as an opposite to conflict to me, and
as I am a very peaceloving person (sometimes I 'scream' it when contractors
and developers are conflicting once again about silly things) I saw the word
peace in this meaning, which it apparently was/is not. I think it is
interesting to ask after a specific meaning or detail in one's words, and it
is not to start a rage... just about understanding each other and knowing if
I understood correctly. And yes, every word has meaning?

peace
Iwert